Tuesday 1 September 2009

Cornwall - Hills, hills and more hills (apart from the Camel Trail)

OK, now let's get this straight. Cornwall has hills - and then some...I decided to cycle to Newquay (about 30 miles) but didn't expect the massive hills in and out of Redruth, Perranporth and the final climb into Newquay - all absolute killers...



I switched the GPS off with about 6 miles to go by accident so it looks like I stopped short of Newquay - I didn't! One of the beautiful things about t'internet is you get to communicate with people you'd never normally meet so I 'met' a guy via Twitter called Sean Maher who is cycling from Cornwall to Capetown!!! Check out his website here. We decided we would do the Camel Trail together and we did so today - a fairly brisk pace - details in picture below. The pic of both of us is in Padstow where we met up with Jen, B and Ken and had a decent lunch before setting off. Sean is trying to raise as much money as he can for various charities and is a thoroughly nice chap - I am going to help him out a little and hopefully some of my contacts could be of use to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment