Sunday 6 September 2009

Last training trip...



...Well here we go then I guess. Went out and did around 28 miles (missed 2 off satnav again - d'oh)....cycled to Grafham, met J, B & D, had a picnic, went round Grafham water with B (just over 8 miles - she fell asleep after 3!) and then cycled back...for some reason my left knee is killing me tonight though and I have taken Ibuprofen and iced it...fingers crossed it'll be ok in the morning.

Can I do 3 of those in a day - I think I can if the hills aren't too severe. Working it out it's got to take a max of around 3 hours per 30 miles (including stops) and an hour for lunch = 10 hours (day one) - this means leaving at 6.30am and getting to Dover for 4.30 (ferry at 5.30 apparently). It is my biggest fear in the whole trip - not making the ferry...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment